Need help for water effect

Started by
3 comments, last by Allebarde 20 years, 12 months ago
Hi! I''ve read the program written by Jan Horn on water effects. But in fact, Jan uses only 1 texture:an env map. For making a better water effect, do i need to do multitexturing? Does anyone has a source? i''m looking for "Water Ripples" a program made by jan horn but i don''t find it anymore: does anyone has it? Thanks a lot
Advertisement
yes multitexturing would be a good idea.

i find a repeated tileable texture modulated with an envmap will work wonders.
Yes but which king of texture shall i use for envmap, a water texture??
Can you tell me what a "repeated tileable texture" is (i''m french). Should this repeated tileable texture be an env map too??
Thanks
i think you should use a water texture and a env texture

the env texture would propably be a black&white texture to repreasent the ripples

and maybe create several of these texture to add some motion

tileable means that if you draw the texture are translate it into xy direction , the former corners will smoothly merge with the other former borders which are not inside your quad
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
I recently made a "HydroNet" (Thats what I called it anyway) Anyway, you can use a base texture (Colored) and an enviroment map. The base texture should refract and the enviroment texture should reflect. On this one, the base texture looks like a square well and you can adjust the depth of the "well" even though it a flat plane. For the water texture, you don''t use one. When the grid updates it will make the waves it''s self. If you want to know what I''m talking about send me an e-mail and I''ll send you the source code. That should give you a good place to start.

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement