Sound creation

Started by
7 comments, last by liquid_ice_programmer 20 years, 12 months ago
What is the best sound creation tool out today in you opinion
Advertisement
Yet again, you post in the wrong forum... (moved)

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
Well....for "creating" what type of sounds? Do you mean for recording and production, or for generation of noise/sfx?
a thermonuclear device, innit?
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net
Your body.

Abuse it, make it pay.

[Kenbar cuts a small chunk of flesh out of his left leg]

There is no magic tool which you can buy that will produce wonderful sounds by just asking it nicely. You need to invest in learning the craft.

Anyway, to answer the question - I am the greatest sound tool that I have, not any of my hardware or software (not that I can work without them!).

[Kenbar faints]
My brother and his friend are creating some music for me, mainly guitar and keyboard, and I using soundforge for my recording and basic editing. Its easy to use, as I know nothing about music software or editing for that matter.

If you want to go all out pro maybe Cakewalk Home studio 2002 is for you. A lot more difficult to use if you have no music experience.

Hope this helps as the others didnt seem to be very informative

~S~

[edited by - shinzo on April 22, 2003 2:06:16 PM]
Your brain...

it's truly amazing the sounds you can come up by using it!

[edited by - yjbrown on April 22, 2003 4:46:37 PM]
Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com
sound forge or wavelab are definatley great editors
______________________________________________Of all the things I''ve lost.It''s my mind I miss the most...
''very informative?''

well it depends on the question. why nurture elitism? half the musicians i know switch sequencers and instruments regularly. asking ''what do you suggest given my goals and resources'' is an entirely different question.
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement