Expert Systems

Started by
1 comment, last by Fletch 20 years, 12 months ago
Are there any good sources of information regarding expert systems, forward/backward chaining etc. I want to build a very very very simple mathematica-ish symbolic solver, mostly for integration problems. I get the theory, but the implementation is holding me back. Any help would be appreciated for sure!
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Fletch
Are there any good sources of information regarding expert systems, forward/backward chaining etc. I want to build a very very very simple mathematica-ish symbolic solver, mostly for integration problems. I get the theory, but the implementation is holding me back. Any help would be appreciated for sure!

A search of ''expert systems'' on google will get you all the sources of information you could possibly want.

Eric
This is a more nasty way, in that you''ll have to change your walkspace code, but it works nicely.
The way I get around this problem is to change the way your walkspaces are created. I build my walkspaces out of areas that intersect, then, before your detailed A*, do a simple breadth or depth first search across the intersects to see whether the destination area the node is in is reachable from the starting area. If not, then the detailed A* won''t solve it, so exit early without all the unnecessary computation. =P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement