• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3dsMaya

Real growth/change

This topic is 5622 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am making an Rpg that will have a hero start as a kid and you shape him by many acts such as fighting, helping people, playing, etc. For example say you had your character eat ho-hos all day, he would be a fat manatee(did i spell that right?) but if he workedout he would be strong and athleticl. If your hecka mean to little kids and you steal from the rich and poor your going to make an evil character while if you help people you will make a good character. Anyway, the storyline will be somewhat like Zelda(I like Link''s outfit, especially the cool cap!) but with very advanced features and extremely high poly 3d graphics but I need help. Does anyone know how to do this(I believe a company is making a game with the same growth feature for xbox and they stole it from me!)? If Alias/Wavefront and Discreet merged they would create 3ds Maya!

Advertisement
LOLZ! No1 is replying! Please help me out people.

If Alias/Wavefront and Discreet merged they would create 3ds Maya!

I would guess that one way to accomplish this would be to partition your model into matrix blocks and then apply transformations to those matricies to get the effects you are looking for.

Think Linear Algaebra!

The otherway I suppose would be to dynamically draw your model ingame and alter the appropriate primitives. I don''t know how well that would work though.

Mardigin

There was a game called Black and White where your giant creature changed due to how it ate, how you treated it, and whether you were evil or good. If anyone knows anything about this system please, please help me!
(gets on hands and knees and begs god for help)

I believe there is a Postmortem on Black and White at Gamasutra. You might want to start there... There is also a "Developer''s Diary" for it somewhere out there on our imaginary sea of 1s and 0s.

No1 knows how to code this? If anyone does PLEASE explain it to me(you will be saving me headaches..... If I continue like this America''s gonna run out of asparin!

Sounds rather intersting and I think you''re getting into something complicated. Good luck with it.

I haven''t thought it through, but off the top of my head I''d say you could create a multi dimensional array.

For example, one axis would be "Weight"
One would be "Karma"
One would be "Athleticism"

you would eventually wind up with a really jacked up array that you could check which area your character was in and add or subtract based off of what your character does.

hey...
correct me if i''m wrong, but i think black and white had a system where they had models of extreme evil, extreme good, extreme fat, ..., and the just interpolated(sp?) between these models based on your character''s stats. so if your character ate a lot of food he would have more of the fat model in him. -PmanC

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!