Real growth/change

Started by
23 comments, last by 3dsMaya 20 years, 11 months ago
Keep in mind it might work on your system, but if you want anyone ELSE to try it for you, it won''t. Just because you have 2 gigs of RAM doesn''t mean anyone else does, hehe. Just a reality check
Peon
Advertisement
Almost everyone I know has atleast half a gig, and they only use theirs for gaming so I would suspect that anyone who uses their pc for advanced purposes such as programming or 3d graphics would have 2gigs+. I''m planning on jacking my pc to 3gigs

If Alias/Wavefront and Discreet merged they would create 3ds Maya!
3 gigs? do you even make use of 2? I do a lot of programming and a fair amount of high-poly 3d work, and between having photoshop open with large texture images and 3ds max, i still rarely top 512. If you''re not using it, what''s the point?

As for the game, look up model morphing and how to program it. UnknownPlayer''s idea is interesting, although morphing the head might not be the best exaple because i imagine the different morph targets for the head aren''t all that different. The system might get a little hard to manage though with higher poly models and having to weight them all appropriately for all the morph targets
I need high ram cuz the models are ballistically high in polys, and when the game is finished I expect it to top 2gigs
Do you know anything about morphs?

[edited by - 3dsMaya on April 25, 2003 7:00:15 PM]
quote:Original post by 3dsMaya
Almost everyone I know has atleast half a gig, and they only use theirs for gaming so I would suspect that anyone who uses their pc for advanced purposes such as programming or 3d graphics would have 2gigs+.

Uhh... reality check time. Most people I know have 256 or 512MB. My 256MB pc is more than enough for programming (since the swap file is never used). Don''t assume that you and your technophile friends are representative of everyone.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement