Particles,Physics...

Started by
2 comments, last by Stranger 20 years, 12 months ago
My professor has given two choices for a final paper:1)Build a Particle Engine, 2)Build a Physics Engine. First of all I like both.However what I want to ask is what should I know from the 3d point of view for both of them and which is easier,not that it matters but why not. If anyone has build anyone from the above post your opinion and experience.Also what language did you use for making it since I was told from my professor to favor C and OpenGL.Thanks.
Advertisement
I''m having to do very similar for my course. While my physics and particles don''t have to be too advanced (as it is only a small part of a larger whole) I do understand that you can''t really have a particle system without physics helping control them.

My particle engine demands that each particle start off at a velocity, be affected by at least one force, and react convincingly against objects. If you''re doing a final paper then yours will probably be even harder (what I''m doing is just 2nd year work). If you opt to do just a physics engine instead then true you don''t have to do particles...but you may as well since half the works already done for you in the physics engine.

Go on...go for it! Do both!

btw, I''m also having to use C and OpenGL so it can be done. Although the books still out on if I can personally do it.
I cant do both unfortunately.I have a deadline time is running short.That is why he told me to choose a particle engine or a physics engine.I will post this topic also in to the math and physics forum since it is more appropiate.Thanks.
in my particle engine i have implemented real physiques as well especially for blood

gBlut= 1,055 g/cm3 <- that s for one small drop

to make it realistic :D
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement