What's easier to learn? OpenGL or DirectX?

Started by
4 comments, last by dampe64 21 years ago
What''s easier to learn? OpenGL or DirectX?
Advertisement
opengl probably
Oh god.

Here.

And look at the faq.

[edited by - kordova on April 20, 2003 8:07:45 PM]
Eh, this is just a bad question to ask in general. It all depends upon what you want to do in the end. I''m not great at either, but for me it was easier to get my first program working in OGL, but DirectX made more sense once I got past a few roadblocks.

Some "experts" should give their perspective, because I could be entirely wrong.

Brendan
Brendan"Mathematics is the Queen of the Sciences, and Arithmetic the Queen of Mathematics" -Gauss
i would also say opengl
try out Nehe Productions for a great colection of tutorials! NeXe is the DirectX version og Nehes site, but i must say that Nehes is far superiour... personaly, i started with opengl, then vent over to DX, then to go back to OGL because of the more intuitive interface...
-Anders-Oredsson-Norway-
quote:Original post by kordova
Oh god.

Here.

And look at the faq.

[edited by - kordova on April 20, 2003 8:07:45 PM]

Well, at least he did ask it in the beginners forum and not the general forum (or double posting in the DX & OpenGL forums).

But, I would have to say, before you ask any questions, ALWAYS check the For Beginners section under Resources at the very top of the page. Next, try using the search feature that is here. It will save you from many flames.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement