• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alexanderonline

How should i run Borland C++ compiler ?

This topic is 5693 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I just started learning C++ from the book Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and because i''m still not sure which compiler to use i give it a try with Borland 5.5. So i wanna know 1 where is the place where i could i write my programs ? 2 Why every does everytime when i start some of the programs i downloaded from the AcceleratedCpp.com site [for borland 5 or higher] i get a window pop up and instantlydisappear? Thanks in Advance Alex P.S. I have some experience with basic but only a basics and this is just too different for me

Advertisement
Borland C++ 5 is a command line compiler. Goto Downloads.com and you should be able to find an IDE for the compiler. The window disappearing is because when you run the program, it runs in a command shell. If you right click on the executable and click properties, if you browse through them you should find an option Close On Exit or something like that, if you uncheck it, the window will remain open.

=*=
If things seem bad, think that they can get a whole load worse, and they don''t seem so bad anymore

=*=

Do like this:> open an editor, notepad or whatever. Write some c++ code in it and save it as file.cpp wherever you like. Now open DOS and go the folder where you saved the file. Now write:>

bcc32 file.cpp

And the compilation should start, if you get any errors that it can''t find any libs or the sorts, check the readme.txt file in the folder you installed borland c++.

Why hammerstein''s theory didnt work is because borland c++ is not a DOS program, but a windows console program.

In the next 80 years 6 billion people will die...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!