• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

demonrazor2003

FPS rates in ides

This topic is 5716 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

what is a good frame rate in visual basic, when ''testing''? ------------------------------------------------------------ Hell is not a bad place to be It has just been recently added to the attractions list

Advertisement
It depends on so many things. Are you running full screen or windowed? What graphics library? 2d or 3d? How much are you drawing? Are you doing lots of blending? How much other processing are you doing besides drawing graphics? Do you have vsync enabled? And so on.

If it''s a just a really simple spinning box or hello world application your frame rate should at least equal your monitor''s vsync. Beyond that it depends on entirely too many things to say.

I''m no VB programmer (I only program in C++), but for anything, you want your FPS to be around 40-60 fps on the target (or recommended) machine requirements you want your game to have.

in full screen, 65-70 fps average. windowed wont work, dx8 is the graphx lib. 3D. copy_vsync or copy get same fps. windows is only thing running, execpt VB6

Hi,
I use C++ with high poly graphics(upwards of 1mill) on a kick azs computer and I am lucky to get 60fps

If Alias/Wavefront and Discreet merged they would create 3ds Maya!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!