• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GEo

DX7 sound

This topic is 5542 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ll be impressed if my login still works, not actually put up any posts for a *long* time (Still been visitin'' from time to time tho). Anyway, so I''m getting back into game programming, and wanna add some sound to the 2d wrapper classes I''ve been doing. I''m using DX7 (cos my computer''s old and sh!tty). I''ve written my cSound class with methods to load from wav files etc but when I play the sound it kinda plays two and a half times (rather than the required once). I was expecting dsound to stop playing once the secondary buffer containing the sound reached the end (bearing in mind it''s created with the DSBCAPS_STATIC flag and played without the DSBPLAY_LOOPING flag). Is it meant to stop as I expected it to (ie I''ve fcuk''ed up somewhere), or am I gonna have to mess about with notifications (The SDK kinda hinted that they were only needed for streaming buffers, but doesnt explicitly say anywhere - typical). George. F "Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we''d all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

Advertisement
Anyone?

George. F
"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we''d all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

Really wouldnt mind having this question answered!

Has anyone done any direct sound stuff with static buffers?
Are they meant to stop playing once they''ve reached the end?

Someone must know.

George. F
"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we''d all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

Never mind, I fixed it myself.

Thanks to the hundreds of people clambering to help me out on that one tho.

The wav''s weren''t being loaded properly, static buffers do stop when they reach the end (as you''d expect).

George. F

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!