• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nathaniel Hammen

Evaluate my controls...

This topic is 5538 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, I am making a new game engine for a third person RPG game (think a low budget version of Zelda or Kingdom Hearts), but do to the fact that it is not finished and is quite buggy, I will not show it yet. However, I am programming many parts at once and the controls work fine. What I am wondering is what you guys think of these controls: Left Hand: Control - run Space Bar - attack Shift - lock on to enemy Z - change which enemy is targeted X - jump C - crouch A - open item menu S - open spell menu D - close any open menu Right Hand: Up Arrow - move forward Down Arrow - walk backwards (you cannot run backwards) Right Arrow - turn right (strafe right when locked on) Left Arrow - turn left (strafe left when locked on) Page Down - scroll down in open menu Page Up - scroll upward in open menu Other: F1 - help F9- main menu (these are not meant to be used during battle) Obviously, you cannot make a good evaluation without seeing my engine, but please try. -------------------------------------- I am the master of stories..... If only I could just write them down...

Advertisement
Thanx for the suggestion. I already thought about doing that a while ago, but I completely forgot about it. I know (mainly) how to do it, and it wouldn''t be too hard. These are going to be the default controls though, unless anyone has an idea I like better.

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...

For first person shooters I configure my key board this way:
e - foward
d - back
s - left
f - right
a - crouch
space - jump
shift - run/walk

in order
r, t, g, v, b - for special weapons/actions specific to the game.

Kars

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!