Evaluate my controls...

Started by
2 comments, last by Nathaniel Hammen 20 years, 12 months ago
Okay, I am making a new game engine for a third person RPG game (think a low budget version of Zelda or Kingdom Hearts), but do to the fact that it is not finished and is quite buggy, I will not show it yet. However, I am programming many parts at once and the controls work fine. What I am wondering is what you guys think of these controls: Left Hand: Control - run Space Bar - attack Shift - lock on to enemy Z - change which enemy is targeted X - jump C - crouch A - open item menu S - open spell menu D - close any open menu Right Hand: Up Arrow - move forward Down Arrow - walk backwards (you cannot run backwards) Right Arrow - turn right (strafe right when locked on) Left Arrow - turn left (strafe left when locked on) Page Down - scroll down in open menu Page Up - scroll upward in open menu Other: F1 - help F9- main menu (these are not meant to be used during battle) Obviously, you cannot make a good evaluation without seeing my engine, but please try. -------------------------------------- I am the master of stories..... If only I could just write them down...
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
Advertisement
Make your controls configurable...
Thanx for the suggestion. I already thought about doing that a while ago, but I completely forgot about it. I know (mainly) how to do it, and it wouldn''t be too hard. These are going to be the default controls though, unless anyone has an idea I like better.

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
For first person shooters I configure my key board this way:
e - foward
d - back
s - left
f - right
a - crouch
space - jump
shift - run/walk

in order
r, t, g, v, b - for special weapons/actions specific to the game.

Kars
KarsQ: What do you get if you cross a tsetse fly with a mountain climber?A: Nothing. You can't cross a vector with a scalar.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement