• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heaven

RTS Engine Progress

This topic is 5714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I thought I'd post a few pics of my progress. I took about a one year leave of absence and just recently resumed working on my game. I'm shooting for AOE/War 2 type gameplay, but with 3D terrain. Still 2D units though, so I can have buckets of soldiers and massive battles. Hopefully. Anyway... I'm just now getting back to the point I was at a year ago as far as the rendering, but of course everything is more structured internally now. I've got a memory leak checker, and I'm working on the Object Manager. Also small details are working now like correctly reloading textures on fullscreen toggle, correct window behavior when alt-tab'd or in windowed mode, etc., etc. Anyway, please let me know what you think. Take care. Florida, USA RTS Engine in Development http://www.knology.net/~heaven/rts.htm
Jesus is LORD! [edited by - Heaven on April 22, 2003 12:39:06 PM]

Advertisement
cool man ... howd you get the elevation. im looking for a tutorial on it in another thread. looks great.

http://politicalhumor.miningco.com/library/jokes/bljokefrenchjokes2.htm --- French Jokes

Looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more.

GRELLIN

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

quote:
Original post by BloodXero
cool man ... howd you get the elevation. im looking for a tutorial on it in another thread. looks great.

I posted in your other thread.

Care.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!