great idea. no one has done it yet

Started by
13 comments, last by srgomez 23 years, 10 months ago
I am working on something that is a cross between chat rooms and Quake and a dating service Imagine a interactive place where you could walk into different rooms and see actually people (face mapped on a 3d head) and concerse with them if you like or move to another crowd and see what the topic is over there. People can only hear and talk to people that are within 10 feet so people would tend to bunch together. In the long run it could be sorta a dating service that verifies looks/weight/height and then puts the images in the database so that its IS like real life except you are not really there. besides just talk you have the option to punch.. pull out a gun and shoot someone.. etc.. but I do not want to turn it into a quake game .. keep it more for chatting.. I once saw something like this.. but all it was was 3d characters talking in some 3d room.. with cartoon faces. anyone else working on something like this?
Advertisement
Hey, I''d like to have that sort of thing...

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
Something you may want to check out

Activeworlds.com, Inc.

~
A
G
E
N
T
~

I was thinking of doing something like that a while back too, but I didn''t know enough about programming the actual internet connection parts. (Come to think of it, I *STILL* don''t know enough about that stuff.)

lntakitopi@aol.com | http://geocities.com/guanajam/
That would be a good idea, but do you think that people would actually use their real faces and bodies, or would they make it up as to attract more people...it happens on chat rooms all the time...

Dating service aside, it would be a pretty nifty idea.

Edited by - Tsutomegi on June 5, 2000 2:11:37 PM
3d chat exist...i see it once, but i don''t remember the name. It also some game, like a labyrinth (peoples often go there in team).

I know this chat is free....

Delisk

Except for the shooting/hitting thing, this has already been more or less done (by Microsoft, no less). I forget exactly, but I think it''s called VChat. It''s not fully 3-D though, and yours just sounds cooler anyway

If you code it, they will come...

Commander M
http://commanderm.8m.com
cmndrm@commanderm.8m.com
Cryo Interactive did it a while ago, just dont remember any details. check their website.
CmndrM, the shooting and hitting happens after you get married.

Actually the avatar exists as a result of people wanting the same things, aside from looking real. There are a few vrml sites out there, if you look.
I laso saw some sort of 3d thing. But what it was lacking was the ability
to really interact. rather than just move around a room.. for example.. maybe I want to get some to drink off the table and then I can walk over to a girl and offer her the drink.. or I can throw the drink at her... maybe theres is a stereo in the corner.. I can go over and select a cd in it and play it.. and the people in that room will here it.. or they can walk in another room where it is not as noisy. maybe I want to take all my clothes off and walk around?

see what I am getting at ? I know someone will get around to doing this and it will really catch on.. it is sorta like that game simlife with real people

I tihnk someone will write what I am talking about.. and as time goes on make it more and more interactive

wish I could program better than 2d games with balls bouncing around

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement