Masking a 3D texture without bugs

Started by
-1 comments, last by CGameProgrammer 20 years, 11 months ago
EDIT: Nevermind. Why do I post before reading one of my books? What I wasn't doing was setting the alpha values of the individual pixels of the texture -- would've been infinitely faster. Also I should use alpha testing instead of alpha blending. Original post is below: That's a fence. You can see part of it overlaps onscreen and this causes the error. The reason is the engine first draws everything with the mask and then draws everything with the solid texture. While optimal, this causes bugs on overlaps. The "solution" is to draw the mask then the solid part for each individual polygon, which is obviously very slow and wasteful. So my question is how do I fix this? I'm guessing I'll have to go about masking a completely different way. The way I do it now is with separate mask and solid textures, drawn with alphablending. Pixel shaders are not an option. The target platform is any T&L card. ~CGameProgrammer( ); DevImg.net - Post screenshots, comment on others. Town 3D Engine - A city-rendering 3D engine. Download the demo. [edited by - CGameProgrammer on April 28, 2003 9:57:02 AM] [edited by - CGameProgrammer on April 28, 2003 10:26:16 AM]
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement