• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trub

Chase/Evade Neural Network

This topic is 5526 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As an independant study I am planning on doing a project in the field of neural networks. I have formulated an idea, but would like to know what others think (is it possible, potential snags, etc) Build two neural networks that play a game of "tag". One is the persuer (predator) the other the evador (prey). The neural networks would work off eachother and train in tandom. The input would most likey a simple distance between the two objects involved in the game. The network would then output a vector as to where to head next. Do you think this is enough information (maybe the input would also need orientation)? I plan on just starting the two objects on an endless open plane. If it works, I would like to train them on a plane with obstacles and see if I can get them to avoid walls as well as use them to their own advantages. So... do-able? Thanks!

Advertisement
Cool, a link to my uni, better yet, a link to the work im copying (i mean errm using as a starting point for my project).
Keep us updated on the progress cos im really getting into all this pursuit-evasion coevolutionary stuff.

quote:
Original post by fup
yup

http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/davec/pe.html

You may also find the tutorials at my website useful.

ai-junkie.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!