is this .vxd from DX?

Started by
3 comments, last by wild_1 20 years, 11 months ago
I'v been working on my comp all weekend and think im almost done (unless somethin else shows up wrong). I Have 1 more problem then im gunna start working with DX. I'v already ordered 2 book's.Anyway's, when i go to start windows, it sayes that there is a missing Virtual Divice Driver called CSHOOK.VXD, and i cant seem to find it, i'v searched my aptiva floppy's and my W95 cd, and its not there. i went to some sites (Driverguide, Windrivers, Drivershq) looking for the driver, but none had it. Is this driver from DX or not? Any clue where i can find it? Also, im having to start my comp in safe mode because it freezes after it tells me the driver isnt there, and i cant use my cdrom drive, only floppy's. Also, if it is from DX, does anyone have it? if so please e-mail it to me, my e-mail is Wild_one31@hotmail.com. Thnx for the time. -Wild_1- Q)Y don't they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day in iraq? A)The camels get to tired. [edited by - wild_1 on April 28, 2003 5:23:12 PM]
-Wild_1-Q)Y don't they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day in iraq?A)The camels get to tired.
Advertisement
Ick, missing vxd files just suck. I haven''t ever heard of CShook, but I''m sure its important if Windows won''t start without it heh.

I did some checking around,and the file is one of two things. Either its part of CleenSweep, or a trojan file thats been removed but windows is still looking for

Try this, start in safe mode and go to start->run and type in "regedit", navigate through the registry and see if you can find this key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\CSHOOK

If you find it, delete it and restart Windows.

Here are the complete manual removal instructions for CleanSweep if you need them

Hey, CSHook is part of CleanSweep. Here is how to reamove CleanSweep:

http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/cleansweep.nsf/docid/2000020917564028

-------
Homepage: http://students.washington.edu/andrey
-------Homepage: http://www.pclx.com
I tried both of those, and now it gets a little ferther in the start menu but now it gets froze on the screen saying "windows 95", the comp just freezes, and its crazy, i push the off button, and it stayes on, im like WtF? I have to unplug the comp just to get it to turn off, the only way it starts in in safe mode, also, when i went to do that, it seemed like some 1 had tried before, some of the things were''nt there, like the icons from cleansweep, or the dll files. But also some of the files were, (all the ones under regedit were there, i deleated them). This is starting to anger me but in know pacience is the key so im trying my best to hold off on mutilizing the computer. Another thing that anoyes me, when in safe mode no cdrom or add/remove, thats gay, because 3 quarters of computer problems are solved by 1` of those functions. Anyways, if neone has any other ideas, i would appreciate it.its also saying some dll files are an older version than before, and sayes run windows setup to fix, but i cant because i cant use the cdrom. somebody gimme some idea''s before i blow up!!! Thnx for the time

-Wild_1-

Q)Y don''t they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day in iraq?

A)The camels get to tired.
-Wild_1-Q)Y don't they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day in iraq?A)The camels get to tired.
quote:Original post by wild_1
Q)Y don''t they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day in iraq?

A)The camels get to tired.

Q)Y don''t they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day in texas?

A)The sheep get to tired.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement