XML parser

Started by
14 comments, last by Omikron 20 years, 11 months ago
What''s a good C/C++ XML parser?
Advertisement
I use something called tiny xml. some simple classes that parses xml for you... it cannot handle all the fancy extra stuff that xml is about, but it is a minimal lib for parsing the tree structure with the data. enough for games i''d say.
"I could be off endlessly perfecting my 3d engine, but instead I am cursed with the task of actually finishing something, it sucks."
Oh come on, be a real man / woman and write your own. I hammered one out in an afternoon, and it only took 150 lines.
Helo

I am yust starting to use TinyXML and I must say that is
easy to use, fast, averything you want from a xml parser!

Bye!
can someone post a link? I googled for it but only found java versions and the home page was down
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
homepage

__

+ + +
quote:Original post by Ishan
Oh come on, be a real man / woman and write your own. I hammered one out in an afternoon, and it only took 150 lines.

DOM or SAX? What access functionality does it allow? What''s performance like?

Want to post code?

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
MSXML seems good and is well tested, supports both SAX and DOM.

As for writing your own, well, I disagree, I don''t think Microsoft wrote MSXML in an afternoon!

If it isn't working, take a bath, have a think and try again...

Sure, reinventing the wheel might not be too hard, but using one already invented will probably be rounder and roll faster ;-D
expat (http://www.jclark.com/xml/expat.html) is good and fast, specially if you want to parse big files. LibXML is very good too.
Both are in C, so you might want to use one of the C++ wrapper available.

Nico

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement