Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raduprv

Sand Storms

Raduprv    997
I was wondering, does anyone know a good (fast, easy to implement, good looking) way of implementing some sand storms? I want it for an isometric engine (my mmorpg), and I don''t care too much for realism, so the storm doesn''t have to be 3d, it can be rendered in a texture, that will be blended over the overal scene, after it is drawn. I don''t care about fancy stuff as collisions, etc. If anyone did it, and had good results, please share your experience. P.S. I want it to work on OpenGl 1.1, if possible unextended, but, if it is necesary, I can use some very common (like the points extension) extensions. Thanks in advance. Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory

Ilici    862
try billboarding sand sprites and moving them around, blend them nicely and u can even make them move with the wind.

duke    107
Why would ortho mode have any relation to screen size polygons being slow?

Not that I am saying you are wrong (I think you are but I concede I could be wrong as well) but I am curious as to why ortho mode would make anything render quicker...

Hairybudda    116
quote:
Original post by duke
Why would ortho mode have any relation to screen size polygons being slow?

Not that I am saying you are wrong (I think you are but I concede I could be wrong as well) but I am curious as to why ortho mode would make anything render quicker...

It wouldn''t be any faster, because at the same resolution, you''re using the same fillrate.