Revolutionary Point & Click adventure game

Started by
10 comments, last by Cypher Ae 20 years, 11 months ago
I''m trying to do something new for the p&c genre however the only thing i thought of that was new was a sense to find out how many items there were in the room. does anyone have any ideas to make it more original, and perhaps revolutionary?
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
Advertisement
You mean like have the arrow/hand rotate to point towards the closest ''clickable'' object? I always hated that the hardest part of those games wasn''t figuring out what to click on, but what you COULD click on, so frustrating.

Radical Racers
Well in those games I usually don''t have to think too much as it is supposed to be, since I just pass the mouse over the entire screen to see what I can click and what I cannot, so how to solve that would be an interesting topic...

---------------------->
Nothing in the world is the way it should be; that''s why we, the champions, exist and live for: HOPE.
Like Diablo, hold the ALT key to highlight all clikcable objects in view? However, that does take away from the explorative aspect of it all...
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Hmm I believe in Diablo2 the only thing holding ALT down shows is items that were dropped on the ground .... I clearly wished this was implemented in the Orignial Diablo as you used to hear that metal drop when a ring dropped and you''d wait and move the mouse over the whole screen VERY slowly until you found it ... hit the "z" button and even zoom in and move slowly ... was a pain in the arse. and playing a sorc you could kill monsters there were off the screen so even then it was more trouble moving the mouse back and forth until you found that nice ''gem''(ring).

~
Make an icon appear above them. It can say there name, or show a square around them.

Scott
Scott SimontisMy political blog
How do your graphics look like?
Have you noticed that in cartoons (by example, Roadrunner or Scooby Doo) you can see which objects are scenary and which objects aren''t? Usually scenaries look more like paintings and the other layers look more like coloured drawings. Maybe you can use something similar.

theNestruo

Syntax error in 2410
Ok
theNestruoSyntax error in 2410Ok
Actually instead of having the objects highlighted, when you click on the sense icon a screen comes up saying how many items (minus people) are in the room that you''ve picked up and how many were in the room in the beginning and how many are left.
Example:

Sense:
Total Items: 9
Items Taken: 2
Items Remaining: 7

Of course, not all items can be picked up. I''ll post a link to a screen later. It''s looking a decent game.
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
The following links will take you to three screens of "Criminal Assets" in the Kitty Klub. The characters were created by Viewpoint and the rooms were created by me in 3D Canvas and the final images were edited in Paint Shop Pro Vs. 7
Comments?

[edited by - Cypher Ae on April 30, 2003 7:04:29 AM]

[edited by - Cypher Ae on May 1, 2003 3:28:41 AM]
What about autoclick?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement