2D Engine, ZEngine 0.8.3

Started by
2 comments, last by cozman 20 years, 11 months ago
Hey, I just wanted to spread the word about ZEngine 0.8.3, It's been a while since a stable release so I figured it was time to remind people about ZEngine. ZEngine is a cross platform 2D API/Engine that uses OpenGL for fast graphics, alpha blending, rotation, and uses SDL and other cross-platform open-source libraries for everything from a TCP Client/Server system to a particle engine framework. ZEngine 0.8.3 will be the first ZEngine to have an add-on library, Gewi, a GUI toolkit will be released soon and is designed to work alongside ZEngine. ZEngine also uses one of the most liberal Open Source licenses around so if you dont want to use the entire engine that is fine, you can pick parts out of it to use in your own game as long as you comply with the (very few) terms of the license. ZEngine is easy to use, I provide full support on the ZEngine forums, or via the Sourceforge project page, and full documentation is provided in HTML format (other formats available upon request). Links to the forums, mailing list, CVS, latest download, and other key pages are all available via the ZEngine Sourceforge Page. edit: Sorry, 0.8.3 actually didn't get the particle system in, but it is fairly complete so if you are using ZEngine and want to see it feel free to ask on the ZEngine forums. edit: fixed link Documentation [edited by - cozman on May 1, 2003 3:44:51 PM]
Advertisement
ROFL!

I never even heard of the ZEngine before, yet it''s what I was calling MY engine that is for nearly the same thing!

Oh well I can always rename it. Just funny though.

I should have put my project in this forum instead of game programming.

Doh!
Hey, if you want we can talk a bit about changing the name, I''m not entirely opposed to the idea, so if you''re attached to the name I''m open to a change. (feel free to email me, james@conceptofzero.net if you want to discuss it)
Heh, nah don''t worry about it. You''re engine is far more developed than mine so you can go ahead and keep the name.

Don''t worry, I can call it something else like the qa303 engine or something lol.

| My Unfinished Page | | I need answers! | | Genaside presents: Hazard Ball | | Maddox |

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement