Evil Fonts of d00m

Started by
5 comments, last by Joe-Bob 20 years, 11 months ago
I''m using NeHe''s Latest Basecode, and no matter what I try, I can''t display fonts. I''ve followed Lesson 13 to the letter and even commented out all other rendering, but I can''t get it to work. Anyone ever have a problem like this?
---------------
Advertisement
Post a little of your rendering code, and other things you think matter...

Are you in ortho mode when rendering the fonts?
I''m pretty much using tutorial #13, but here''s the applicable render code:

(Start of the code renders the rest of my crap)	glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);	glDisable(GL_BLEND);	glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);									// Enable Depth Testing	glLoadIdentity();					// Reset The View	glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,-1.0f);				// Move One Unit Into The Screen	// Position The Text On The Screen	glRasterPos2f(-0.45f+0.05f*float(cos(cnt1)), 0.35f*float(sin(cnt2)));	glPrint("Active OpenGL Text With NeHe - %7.2f", cnt1);	// Print GL Text To The Screen	cnt1+=0.051f;						// Increase The First Counter	cnt2+=0.005f;						// Increase The Second Counter	glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);	glEnable(GL_BLEND);		glFlush ();													// Flush The GL Rendering Pipeline}  

The glPrint itself is from tutorial 13 as I just said, and no, I haven''t called the glOrtho command.
---------------
try adding glColor3f(255,255,255);
Ok, I just unzipped the ''NeHe Latest Basecode'' again with a new project, followed the instructions, and it still doesn''t work.
Anybody else have any trouble with the basecode?
---------------
Plus... just now I downloaded the ''Simple Basecode'' and the SAME font stuff worked perfectly. Anybody have similar experiences with the basecodes?
---------------
Well, by looking at that code, i hope there''s a glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D) proc call in glPrint() O.o

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement