• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

programering

SDL_Version * error in SDL_ttf

This topic is 5525 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I was testing SDL_ttf. When I was compiling the test.cpp In SDL_ttf.h I''ve #included in the test.cpp The following error occures: --------------Configuration: SDL_TEST - Win32 Debug----------- Compiling... SDL_TEST.cpp d:\sdl\sdl_test\sdl_test\sdl_ttf.h(61) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''TTF_Linked_Version'' d:\sdl\sdl_test\sdl_test\sdl_ttf.h(61) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found Error executing cl.exe. SDL_TEST.obj - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) This is line 61 in SDL_ttf: extern DECLSPEC const SDL_version * SDLCALL TTF_Linked_Version(void); It seems that it needs the SDL_version.h #included. And I''ve tried to include the rest of the SDL headers. I have added the SDL files to my project directory. And more, but the problem still remains. Have someone of you guys received this kind of problem/error? Help someone please! Anton Karlsson Klingis Entertainment Games with silly humor

Advertisement
I solved the problem by removing SDLCALL,
it seems to be undeclared,
It''s surely same kind of thing as DECLSPEC, is it a symbol?
Now I got the ttf/font/text/string to work.

Anton Karlsson
Klingis Entertainment
Games with silly humor

quote:
Original post by Kylotan
Don''t remove anything, just upgrade your core SDL library to the latest version.

And what version is the latest SDL library?
SDL 1.2.5 ?

Anton Karlsson
Klingis Entertainment
Games with silly humor

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!