Need A Good Idea

Started by
11 comments, last by piknic 20 years, 11 months ago
Years ago I taught myself C++ by programming the old box-drawing game you probably played as a kid. You start with a grid of dots, say 10x10. Then each player takes turns putting down a line. If you complete a square, you put your initial in that square and then put another line down. When all boxes are captured, the game is over - the player with the most boxes wins.

It has an options panel where you can select to play against a person or the PC, specify the size of the grid, and I also added a "prefill" option to start the game with x% of the lines already drawn (but no boxes) to make the game quicker in the beginning (it takes a while to get going from a blank grid).

Programming this involves graphics to illustrate the grid, the lines, and captured squares (I used blue and red colors), and I also added a little animation when the computer put down a line, so the user could see it

AI is needed to figure out where the PC player should put a line.

You could do some "win" celebration graphics, for an additional challenge.

If you''re interested, I''ll send you the executable of mine. It''s fully playable and might give you ideas.
Advertisement
That idea sounds awesome..and ive played that game..quite addcting...sure sned me it..however..u think it be simple in VB to do aswell?
anyone have a similar code or program like the one that SDyer has explained that i could take a look at? ..VB would be prepfered...

My MSN is

p1kn1c@hotmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement