Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Codejoy

DirectInput and iFeel mice...

Codejoy    122
Does anyone know if the force feedback abilities in directInput allow you to program force feed back for the immersion sense technology enabled mice like an iFeel mouse? I went to http://www.immersion.com/developer/ and found out they are actually charging for their SDK. I dont understand how they can charge for it and expect people to pay for it, i mean its basically an "after thought" in most games...a like "well its sorta cool, lets add it if we can" not a must have...so how can a company charge for their sdk that isnt even a must have feature in most games? I mean, it just sounds sorta pompus/greedy. So can I get around using their SDK by using directInput''s force feedback features (There are some force feedback features in directX aren'' there?) if not, no skin off my back...just would be "kinda cool" -Shane

Zern    138
Should be able to just use DInput, not sure if it only pertains to their force feedback items. However I say it''s worth a shot. If you have the DX9 documentation look under:

DirectInput->Using DirectInput->Force Feedback.

~

Codejoy    122
LOL actually my game engine is sorta old (dont care to upgrade, i want 2d, 2d thats able to run on my laptop) so I think im using DX 6 or 7...

Anything with forcefeedback in that?

-Shane