Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mortanis

Math Function resources?

Mortanis    122
Looking for an online reference of standard math functions and how to include them. I''ve got a lot of VB and VBScript in me, so i''m used to functions like round(), floor(), etc, and i''m looking for the C++ equivalent. standard functions to round a number, floor a number, ceiling a number, etc. Cant manage to find anything good in my book. =/ Thanks! _________________________________ Current Project: Text Based RPG Currently learning C++. Familiar with ASP, VBScript, VB and javascript

IPKnightly    101
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/C++.html

<inbed src="http://af.lygo.com/d/arcade/yar.dcr" height="300" width="400">

INSTRUX: Mouse moves Yar. Click mouse or space bar to fire.

[edited by - DIRECTXMEN on April 29, 2003 1:38:27 PM]

NewbieGamer    122
Most of what you want should be in math.h
You should #include <math.h> in your list of includes and then call the functions with the appropriate params.
What compiler are you working with?.

The link provided by DIRECTXMEN has a wealth of info and links.... Thanks DIRECTXMEN.

Cheers!!
V.

Mortanis    122
Visual Studio .net for my compiler.

Is there a listing of all the available functions in math.h? Didn''t manage to find it in the help files with my compiler, but maybe i didn''t look hard enough.

Currently learning C++.
Familiar with ASP, VBScript, VB and javascript

NewbieGamer    122
In MSDN do a search for "math functions".... you should get a list of available functions....

Or just type #include <math.h> in your source file and right click on math.h and select the "open document" [Ctrl+Shift+G].

HTH,

Cheers!!!
V!