Saving MSVC Settings

Started by
3 comments, last by zackriggle 20 years, 11 months ago
Alright, my school has totally f***ed-up (i am on their computers, hence i cannot swear...) MSVC configurations. You have to reset the include, executeable, lib, and all other file sources as well as the text coloring (I like it a certain way) every time you come back to the computer (they use DeepFreeze, which resets everything on the computer to the exact same way that it was when DeepFreeze was set). I have extracted all of the registry entries into .reg files, and stored those on a floppy. This saves hardly any of the settings (just the syntax highlighting, I beleive). Where does MSVC++ store all of its configurations? Any ideas on how to save them to a file?
Advertisement
I might be wrong: Isn''t there such files created automaticly when you save a workspace? You know those .opt-files?

Maybe you just need to save those...

__________________________ ____ ___ __ _
Enselic''s Corner - CodeSampler.com
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
all the configuration of the ide (syntax coloring, options, menus customization ...) are saved in the registry
Yes, but =WHERE= in the registry. The only thing I have found is:

HK_CURRUSER\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio

This does not seem to have any of the include, lib, or other directories in it.

==================
My (soon-to-be) Cherished Cookie of Appreciation:

-- MattB - for WinSock advice --
anything? anyone?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement