Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ilici

BombermanMania 3D (final)

Ilici    862
Check out the NEW new version of my bomberman clone new stuff: - zoom in out in single player mode - a nice background landscape with nice sky (dome) (black backgr suxx ) - faster gameplay - game timer (when below 0 u're in trouble) - added new player models - u can now create ur own tilesets { make a dir in \textures which contains 5 bmps - tile.bmp -> floor cell.bmp -> the indistructible blocks block.bmp -> the distructible blocks wall.bmp -> the outer wall ground.bmp -> u guessed it, the ground } heres the link: .: http://fantasyworld3d.tripod.com/data/bombermania3d.exe :. also the new source is available at .: http://fantasyworld3d.tripod.com/data/bombermania3dsrc.exe :. delete the prev version first read ReadME.txt first and always remember to del ur config when things get ugly { damn i forgot to update the readme so Left & Right Bracket or Mouse Wheel - zoom camera } enjoy it and feel free to comment, advise and critisize me (not to much though ) [edited by - Ilici on May 15, 2003 2:33:28 PM]

Neen10do    122
IT DOESNT WORK. all i see is a blue screen during gameplay

----------------------
i code therefore i am.

Aero DX - Coming to a bored Monitor near you!

Ilici    862
looks like a GL error my drivers dont report
i patched it and heres the new exe :

http://fantasyworld3d.tripod.com/data/Dyna3D.exe

TroneX    118
Screen goes black, then flickers, then restores with black rectangle in the upper left, then it quits.

Hm, ... wait a moment ... okay. Almost thought it might be the same problem, we once had with weird solutions and the app not being able to switch it. ;-) But it isn''t. Just crashes.

LightBrain website relaunched, BomberFUN only USD 9.99
visit http://www.lightbrain.de

Qa303asmGuru    163
log.log:
Initializing...
OpenGL driver by NVIDIA Corporation version 1.4.0
Renderer: GeForce4 Ti 4400/AGP/SSE2
OpenGL initialization successful Display Mode: 800x600
Direct Sound Initalized
File not found data\sprites\mistery.bmp
Cannot Init Game
Shutdown

I need that file mistery.bmp.

quote:

Screen goes black, then flickers, then restores with black rectangle in the upper left, then it quits.

Hm, ... wait a moment ... okay. Almost thought it might be the same problem, we once had with weird solutions and the app not being able to switch it. ;-) But it isn''t. Just crashes.

Thats because you just downloaded the exe. You still have to put the exe in the same folder as the data folder which is included in the .zip file you can download from his first post.

Get that file to me, I''m interested in getting this game to work.

-Q

Ilici    862
workin on it...

i appreciate ur interest in the game

the old version had a problem with a stack underflow error in GL, which was my card ignored, but i fixed it. that file is missing because i forgot that the new exe loaded it (oops!)

dowload http://fantasyworld3d.tripod.com/data/mistery.bmp and put it in data\sprites\ in the game dir and ur ready to go

btw nice video card

[edited by - Ilici on April 30, 2003 12:09:28 PM]

Qa303asmGuru    163
Okay I did some dirty work for you. The ENTIRE package including the updated exe, the missing image file, and all the original data is now on my webspace. I created a self extracting archive for ease of installation.

You can now download the game by clicking here.

I just had to make a clicky.

It runs really slow on this computer (I'm on my work computer so don't worry because this machine sucks). I'll be able to give some better feedback when I get done with work and can run the game on my computer. So far it looks REALLY cool and I can't wait to give it a go.

-Q

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot that I included my config file in the self extractor. No biggie, I just changed some of the video settings so just be sure to set them to your own preference when you run the game.

[edited by - qa303asmguru on April 30, 2003 8:29:15 PM]

Interesting looking game. It ran really really slow, and my bomberman seems to run around obsticals even if there is no way through. She just runs along the line joining the obstacles to the wall. Key response is really slow too. I''m running it on a school lab computer, but the aren''t that slow. Look interesting though.

The_Ethernopian

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
my config is 900mhz AMD tbird, 128 RAM, RadeonDDR 64mb

try setting the detail to low in config (press F1 to show FPS). if that doesnt work tell me. also if u see anythin suspicious in the log let me know.

Ilici    862
my config is 900mhz AMD tbird, 128 RAM, RadeonDDR 64mb

try setting the detail to low in config (press F1 to show FPS). if that doesnt work tell me. also if u see anythin suspicious in the log let me know.

i also tested it on a Duron 800mhz, 128 ram, geforce 2 mx 500
and it ran at 30 - 50 fps .

i should work fine on ur Geforce4 or any card that can push more than 1 mil textured tris per sec.

in battle mode there are 25000 polys in the scene and in multi it depends coz of the frustum culling

Qa303asmGuru    163
quote:
Original post by Qa303asmGuru
Okay I did some dirty work for you. The ENTIRE package including the updated exe, the missing image file, and all the original data is now on my webspace. I created a self extracting archive for ease of installation.

You can now download the game by clicking here.

Ilici:
You may want to put the sfx archive I created for you in your download directory. That way I can take it off my webspace and you can have the entire package in one easy to dl, easy to install package.

Just a thought.

-Q

Qa303asmGuru    163
Haha! Cool game! I just played it for the first time and it ran just fine with everything at max detail/resolution.

Comments:
  • I love the look of the game! the blocks and the player models are awesome. I love the death animation coupled with the death sound. Good work. Bombs and powerups could have a little more 3D look to them tho. Seems kinda strange when you are playing on a 3D board and everything else is 3D except for the bombs and powerups. Just a suggestion.
  • I think the player moves a bit slow. If I had a bomb with a bigger blast radius I''d never be able to get out of the way in time.
  • The sound when you pick up a powerup is a little strange. It''s probably just me who''s the strange one though.
  • Menus were very easy to follow along with and use. Good job on them.

Great job man! Keep up the good work!

-Q

Ilici    862
    thnx for the appreciation,

the bombs are 3d but the powerups are not, as i said i dont have a decent 3d modeller so it''s kida hard to do that, but i intend to make some 3d ones.

the sound when u pick up powerups maybe it sound strange coz i made it myself on my guitar and added some effects.

the credit for the model (actually its the one in the md3 tutorial on gametutorials.com) goes to it''s creator not to me, only the credit for the programming

thnx for the hosting, i will upload it soon to my site (i on got dial-up)

Ilici    862
    check out the new version

qa303asmguru, delete the file from ur domain, i uploaded it to mine, thnx

Vich    142
    How do you get this info into your log?

quote:
    OpenGL driver by NVIDIA Corporation version 1.4.0
    Renderer: GeForce4 Ti 4400/AGP/SSE2

I''d really appreciate it if you''d tell me

Ilici    862
    simple

const unsigned char *info;
    info = glGetString(GL_VENDOR);

lprintf("Initializing...\n");
    lprintf("OpenGL driver by %s ", info);
    info = glGetString(GL_VERSION);
    lprintf("version %s\n", info);
    info = glGetString(GL_RENDERER);
    lprintf("Renderer: %s\n", info);

lprintf is log output

now tell me what u think about the game

[edited by - Ilici on May 4, 2003 2:31:26 PM]

Vich    142
    Nice game! I have always loved bomberman Perhaps you should make the menu working with the mouse?
    Thanks for that code! *feels dumb because he didn''t think of that*