new glExt.h?

Started by
7 comments, last by Xero-X2 20 years, 11 months ago
Is there a new glExt.h that has been released some where with all the latest extentions in it I looked for an hour and found nothing, so in the end I just made the entrys for the header my self. So im just wondering if there is a newer one that has been released new extentions in it?
"I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it"
Advertisement
Go here: http://cvs1.nvidia.com/

They''re gl 1.4 and some new stuff like vertex buffers are probably missing then again they might be newer than ones I have.
From the glext.h file:

quote:THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL TO NVIDIA, CORPORATION. USE, REPRODUCTION OR DISCLOSURE TO ANY THIRD PARTY IS SUBJECT TO WRITTEN PRE-APPROVAL BY NVIDIA, CORPORATION.
I have no idea how they can publish something on the web and get away with calling it "confidential", but I wouldn''t be comfortable using that file in my own software. I''d rather create my own by looking at the prototypes and enumerants in the extensions registry.
"confidential" lol, I think I''ll just keep my copy that I got from The ExtReg and update it when they update the ones there. I can always just keep addin the ones I want.
"I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it"
This is the latest glext.h file out there. It includes the ARB_VBO extension.
-------------------Realm Games Company
quote:Original post by GreatOne
<a href="http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/ABI/glext.h">This</a> is the latest glext.h file out there. It includes the ARB_VBO extension.

So where''s the #define GL_VERSION_1_4 ?
quote:Original post by GreatOne
This is the latest glext.h file out there. It includes the ARB_VBO extension.

It says:
/* glext.h last updated 2002/07/18 */

SGI seem to have given up updating glext.h. This version certainly doesn''t contain VBO.
I just scaned the files for GL_ARB and as I did I never saw VBO in there
You need to add the entry yourself.

Also, most drivers don't officially expose VBO yet - it's still in the 'experimental' stage (at least in nvidia drivers). But it does exist.

[edited by - Shag on May 1, 2003 8:52:47 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement