Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus

Started by
19 comments, last by zer0wolf 20 years, 11 months ago
I've got a prob and was hoping one of ya'll would help me out I created a new project, included the DirectX libs, includes, and headers, and I tried to compile the third program in Chapter 6 ... it didn't work. Here's the error it gave me: demo6_3.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw4 Debug/directx.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Do any of ya know how to fix this problem? [edited by - zer0wolf on April 30, 2003 1:42:26 AM]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Advertisement
Did you create a win32 application or a win32 console application?
Win32 app
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
In your include and lib directory settings, make sure that the DirectX SDK directories are at the top. VC++ comes with DirectX 3 headers and libs, so it''ll find those first and try to use them unless you put the SDK directories at the top of the list.
they''re already at the top...
did u write
#define INITGUID
??
Did you add the filenames to Project->Settings->Link?
Star2-

no... I just lifted the code right off of the CD that came with the book, but I don't see that anywhere in the code.

[edited by - zer0wolf on April 30, 2003 2:38:55 AM]
flukus-

the only DirectX lib it used is ddraw.lib, and I did add that one, at the beginning of the list
Did u try to add it and see if it works?

EDIT: talking about the define (#define INITGUID)

[edited by - Star2 on April 30, 2003 2:43:29 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement