Best Book 4 Newbies

Started by
78 comments, last by the_serp 20 years, 11 months ago
"...our book shops and libraries are so stupid they don''t even think of buying these books cause they are thick."

That''s sad... I love walking into a big book store and just sitting and reading one of these books for a few hours. You can get the relavent info you wanted from the book, and not have to pay for the other 900 pages of stuff that is useless to you. On topic, I''d just have to agree with the others and say Advanced C++ and TOTWGPG.

--Buzzy
Advertisement
Yea that is pretty sad i wish they did have big books stores down here, but noooooooooo they are so stupid. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Hey, I''m in the same boat as the guy who originally posted the message, but does anyone know of any books for Linux OpenGL programming?

Thanks

-=[WOLFE]=-
-=[WOLFE]=-
quote:Original post by Buzzy
"...our book shops and libraries are so stupid they don''t even think of buying these books cause they are thick."

That''s sad... I love walking into a big book store and just sitting and reading one of these books for a few hours. You can get the relavent info you wanted from the book, and not have to pay for the other 900 pages of stuff that is useless to you. On topic, I''d just have to agree with the others and say Advanced C++ and TOTWGPG.

--Buzzy

I also love that :D

I was thinkning that Linux is kinda far-fetched for game-programming... I don''t know. Maybe somebody else''ll have less pesimistic suggestions...

BattleGuard

Courage is no lack of fear, it is the will to act in spite of it
OpenGL Game Programming and Linux Game Programming are your best bets for getting you into programming games for Linux, but I personally wouldn''t develop for linux because you''ll be programming for a rather limited audience compared to those who ave windows at home. Granted your software ought to wind up being fairly easy to convert over to other OSs, but I''d stick with Windows programming. Whatever floatsyour boat
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Ok thanks for all of the help you have all given but that is enough for now, what i really need now is what books i should get next after i have learnt C++.

[edited by - the_serp on May 7, 2003 6:00:06 PM]
What should i get after i have learnt C++?
DIRECTXMAN - I just want to say I agree with the other poster. I''ve seen you reply to many threads before where you pasted that huge list from amazon.com. You really should just post a link to it instead it is quite iritating to scroll through 4 pages of your copied post.

As to the_serp, you should really just focus on C++ for now it is a long road.
K. Still open for suggestion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement