vertex shader problem for DX9

Started by
2 comments, last by Edidas 20 years, 11 months ago
hi, I know that there is a new interface firstly introduced by DX9, ID3DXFragmentLinker. I''m really happy to know that because programming shader in such a way is 100 times more flexible than the usual way, but... Does anyone ever tried using D3DXGatherFragmentsFromFile?? I found that there is no documentation nor example details how a "fragment" should be defined in a shader file, which NVidia (NVLINK) uses "#beginfragment" & "#endfragment" to do this trick. I even tried passing the whole file which is originally from SDK, but this function still failed. The following is how I implemented: HRESULT hr = D3DXGatherFragmentsFromFile( "my_shader.vsh", macroArray, NULL, D3DXSHADER_SKIPVALIDATION, &ppShader, &ppErrorMsgs ); Can anyone help?? I''m totally stuck! thanks so much in advance EdidaS
Advertisement
can anyone help?
MS posted their GDC powerpoint presentations yesterday. There was one that had a section on the fragment linker - look in "DirectX Shader Management - Craig Peeper.ppt". It gives examples of the fragment declaration. You can find the ppts Here.

Hope it helps,
Pinz
Hi Pinzmon,

thx, it definitely helps.

EdidaS

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement