Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

programering

Resources

programering    105
How can I make my program.exe and all the other files that I use to my program of a certain format extension, let''s say a .bmc file, a file type that I invented by myself, it''s a bitmap collection file. How can I then add icons and string labels to them, when veiwing them in a folder one shall see an other icon for the program.exe, and other icons for the .bmc files, and when marking one .bmc file, one shall see in the left part of the folder: "Bitmap Collection" instead of "BMC-File". I know so far that one creates a new resource script in/with Microsoft Visual C++. And then inserts a new icon file (icon.ico) or imports one. Inserts a new string label for bitmap collection files. Insert a new version resource. But I don''t know for sure, how I shall set the ID''s and VALUE''s and so on. And I want to use the program.exe''s icon file(programicon.ico) and string label to set in the program''s window caption. How shall I do then? I''m using SDL and that should be the SDL Window Manager''s task. And for the cursor, how can I use a .cur file to be set to the SDL_Cursor struct? Anton Karlsson Klingis Entertainment Games with silly humor