Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malpass

Comparing Transparent Bitmaps

morebeer    122
i''ve read your post 3 times, but couldn''t figure out exactly...

do you want to compare 2 rectangular areas of one or more image(s), taking the transparency (i.e. color-key or alpha values) into account? i.e. using one image as some sort of alpha-mask to see which pixels you want to copy into a new image, and which pixels to skip?

malpass    122
ok, first I want to be able to read part of the screen into a bitmap (like a print screen, but just a section) called "screen".

Then, i have another bitmap of a picture called "pic", and thats transparent. I want to make "screen" transparent, but only in the parts that are transparent on "pic".

Then I want to compare them to check if there identical

malpass    122
ok, start with the first question, how do I get color from a location of the screen, possibly a full section, not just pixel.

I tryed importing GetPixel() from C++ like this:

// Get pixel at point
[DllImport("gdi32.dll")]
public static extern int GetPixel(IntPtr hWnd, int x, int y);

that imports fine but I don''t know if the return value is right because that function when I use it in C# returns -1. I tryed telling it to return byte and Color but if I try Color it can''t import it, and if i try byte it returns 255 all the time.

malpass    122
because there arent any to get screen pixels.

What if i call Print Screen (I can do that) then somehow import the bitmap from the clipboard, can anyone tell me how to do that?

malpass    122
i''v managed to do a wierd thing that now gets me a screen cap, but now how can I make that transparent according to the transparency of another image, or just check the non-transparent bits of the other image with the same bits on the screen cap?

Zipster    2365
Have your mask be a monochrome device context. Put the screen image into a color DC, and use BitBlt with the SRCAND raster op, and it should work. Transparent portions of the destination image should be black I imagine.

I haven''t tested it, but it sounds promising.

malpass    122
ye, thats what I did. But then I need an efficient way to compare the bitmaps. Would I just say

if (myImage1.Equals(myImage2)) // whatever

would that work?