• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NexusOrganicus

Win Classes [myth // class installers ]

This topic is 5533 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I am normaly coding under dos and c & borland but i want to do some windows programming to . I startet learning how to code vc6++ but it´ßs not very satisfying . Its not very easy vor me to learn how to use that mfc assistant . What i want to do is just a small intro proggy like an installer from myst or class . A small demo of my work under windows with music and some nice graphic . But therefor i have to change the windows class so and that is my only question where can i change the size the geometrie of the window () do they use opengl or direct x? How can i do that ??? _______________________________________________________________ Thank you fort your attention # _______________________________ Nxo

Advertisement
I guess you are talking about the height and width of a window..

In the article http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/gpgenesis1/default.asp it explains some basic windows programming...

this is taken from the article:

HWND CreateWindowEx(
DWORD dwExStyle,
LPCTSTR lpClassName,
LPCTSTR lpWindowName,
DWORD dwStyle,
int x, // horizontal position of window
int y, // vertical position of window
int nWidth, // window width
int nHeight, // window height
HWND hWndParent,
HMENU hMenu,
HINSTANCE hInstance,
LPVOID lpParam
);

But are you talking about a window or fullscreen? well in both cases, in the article you can find the answer...

And most non-game windows programs don't use DirectX or OpelGl.. I have yet to see one of these , but if you need fast graphics you should probably use DirectX, I don't think OpenGl can be used in windows without fullscreen ... ;D

-----------------------------------------
Btw, how can put the code into the box thingie that is used in the forum?

---------------------->
Nothing in the world is the way it should be; that's why we, the champions, exist and live for: HOPE.

[edited by - Coz on April 30, 2003 11:03:54 PM]

[edited by - Coz on April 30, 2003 11:09:17 PM]

Thanks for your reply ,
´
I know how to change the size and withdraw of the standard window , but it´s a littel bit more ....
i dont want a normal window . For example ... lets make a round window that looks like a circle !! is that possible too in windows and can i put graphics in there , just plain bitmaps ?
Should be possible , this programm should only work for a praesentation .!Thats what i want ... and please don´t tell me that i should do that with flash or macromedia director ...
Iwant my own code || And a standalone exe that works on every standart windows pc . (no flash no director & so on)....
it´s a kind of diskmag like on www.hugi.de
So if you have any ressources (www)or information(c/txt/doc/dat)whatever || i would be very happy about it .
Have a nice day or night ?
LG
NXxo

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!