Perspective ZNear plane

Started by
11 comments, last by Silly_con 20 years, 11 months ago
i guess he ment scale up -> glScalef(x, x, x) { x | x>10 }, said mathematically
if you set x to be about 10, it would have the effect that your near plane apears to be like if you would use one with a distance of 0.1 at a normal scale.
don't forget that the object (s) needs to be placed (here) ten times farther away from you, to see the same thing. i suggest you call glScalef() directly behind the first modelview-reset, and setup a #define parameter for the physics (if they are given)

[edited by - 666_1337 on April 30, 2003 3:18:37 PM]
our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good
Advertisement
http://www.cevis.uni-bremen.de/~uwe/opengl/glFrustum.html
Interests: my money-pit car, computer hardware/programming, anything 3D'93 RX-7
scaling up everything might fix the clipping plane-problem, but there is still the depth one. you could *emulate* the z-test-algorithm and store the point''s distance in a double-precision floating-point map, but this would be much slower then OpenGL''s z-test and you would have to write your own system for drawing, since glVertex3fv or glArrayElement (and the other ones) both call the z-test-func automatically, so the z-test func cannot be replaced without having to write an function that executes both your own z-algorithm and the gl-function...

e.g.void myVertex3f(GLfloat x, GLfloat y, GLfloat z) {  vertexCount++;  myTriangle -> vertex[i] = new vertex(x, y, z);  if(!vertexCount % 3)   {    vertexCount = 0;    precessDepthTest(myTriangle);   }  glVertex3f(x, y, z); }  
our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement