Haw to link python22?

Started by
4 comments, last by davidkosenina 20 years, 11 months ago
Helo I get LNK1104: cannot open file "python22_d.lib" error. I linked with python22.lib. Help.
Advertisement
How? When? Where? What?

"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin."
-- Cardinal Bellarmine
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Usually the _d on the library name means that it is using the debug version of that library. Try linking in that instead of the optimized ( or release ) version. If that is not available then change your project settings not to use the debug version.

-------
Andrew
PlaneShift - A MMORPG in development.
Can you get some information for us...
Go to Project->Settings->Link Tab

and copy and paste for us the files listed in Object/Library modules.

Do this for both Debug and Release settings (the left hand drop down list) and we''ll be able to talk more knowledgably.

Pete
Helo

I fix the error by modifying python22.lib to python22_d.lib.
But anyway:

Debug:

python22.lib kernel32.lib .. etc.

General:

python22.lib kernel32.lib .. etc.

Q) I downloaded python_2.2.exe for windows. Self installer.
There is no source files to compile libraryes. Haw can I
change betwen debug and release versions in python?
#define DEBUG? #define RELEASE? ?????????????

Thanks for help :-)

That doesn''t sound like the right way to fix the problem. Have you added the library to the project files as well? That could be causing the problem. If that''s not it, do a text search on all the files in your project directory. See whether python22_d.lib comes up anywhere.

Anyway, up to you I guess.

If you want the source files you can get them on the website where you got the windows installer. After Windows, Linux and Macintosh it says ''All others''.

Why do you need a debug version of the library? Do you think there is a problem in the code?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement