Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Butifuco78

Any programmers willing to answer a few questions for a math project?

Butifuco78    122
Im doing a math project on a career of my choice, and i chose computer programmer, and i cant find anyone to answer a few questions for me, so, if its not to much to ask, here they are.... Name: Company: Job description: What math courses are required: What training did u you have to go through to become a comp-prog: and how does that apply to algebra: Thank you very much!!! [edited by - butifuco78 on April 30, 2003 4:31:57 PM] [edited by - butifuco78 on April 30, 2003 4:33:54 PM] [edited by - butifuco78 on April 30, 2003 4:39:41 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
I am still in school, not working but I thought you might want to add to your project a little paragraph about how computer programming in its essence is Maths, Discrete Maths.

Butifuco78    122
I hate to sound lazy but could u be a little bit more specific, i mean i need actual terms and whatnot if it doesnt trouble anyone.

thank you very much for whoevers time im wasting

Dwiel    365
Name: Zach Dwiel
Company: Indiana University
Job Description: I am working on a project at IU, basically coding things that my boss(es) - the physisists - tell me to
What math courses are required: Mostly just a deep understanding of algebra and trig... Calc is nice just because it helps connect everything
Training: none... They just wanted to make sure I was a good programmer...
Algebra: Like I said, programming, especially for physicisists, take a deep understanding of algebra

It is not a career type job, but is full-time... not your tipical programming job though... I don''t think

Dwiel