shoot'em up!

Started by
16 comments, last by r 20 years, 11 months ago
I really liked raptor too, because you got money and could buy things, I love that in games.

Radical Racers
Advertisement
Raptor : the call of shadows ROCKS
DemonStar is OK
RiverRaid SUX
He is Talking about the PC guys, don''t mention ARCADE, PSX, PS2 games
he mentioned Ikaruga coz he liked it so much, but he''s talking about the PC games mainly

{switching to long-term memory storage retrieval... }

I''d have to say R-Type. Raptor was cool, but R-Type was just done on such a lovely scale. Don''t know about ikaruga, never heard of it. LED (Laser Enhanced Destruction) was pretty funky as well... no idea if that ever made it to the PC though... played it back in the good old days on my Spectrum 48k.

Last thing to go through a tortoise''s mind before it hits the ground at 40mph? "D3DXVec3Add (Tortoise.Pos, Tortoise.Delta, Tortoise.OldPos"
Always prey on the weak, the timid and the stupid. Otherwise you'll just get your butt kicked
For a tortoise, this is extremely hard to do, but when you get it right... the expression on their faces ...
thanx guys

since some of u mentioned the money stuff what do u think about ...

in my game your score gives u some money to buy stuff like weapons sheilds and other stuff also there''s experience based on some rule (haven''t decided yet), ur experience gives u other stuff like speed, firerate, super weapons and other options ,so what do u think about this stuff in a shoot''em up game is it a good thing or what

i''ld appreciate any help since i really cann''t decide whether it''s fun or not

thanx all
rad
Good shmups that haven''t been mentioned yet:

Giga Wing 2 (Movies of it in action)
Blazing Star (Bonus! Be not panic!)
Pulstar
Viewpoint (insanely hard Zaxxon-type shmup)
UN Squadron (the SNES version had a nifty ship customization mode where you bought powerups with money you made during the level)
Thunder Force 5
19XX
Strikers 1945
Zero Gunner 1 & 2 (very cool helicopter shmup, but very hard to find)
Raiden 2
Radiant Silvergun (because the shmup police would kick my ass if I didn''t mention it)
DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou (Movies of it in action)

I could go on for hours. Ikaruga is pretty dang good, but it does have its flaws. Play time and lack of variety for starters.
raptor and aero fighters

doh, nuts. Mmmm... donuts
My website
rRootage is one of the "purest" and most enjoyable shooters I''ve played. Simple graphics and special effects, and nothing but boss battles, but its simplicity and style make it a real fun game to play.

Link:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/rr.html

j

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement