Books/info for Direct Sound

Started by
3 comments, last by Gyannea 20 years, 11 months ago
I need some really thorough information about Direct SOund as I need real time analysis of both input and output audio signals. The best I have been able to find is the streaming play article on this site (dated 1999). The tricks for games programmer 2 is very intense on the graphics side of things but doesn''t do too much with sound side, no streaming stuff, no info about controlling primary buffers (which maybe very advantageous as there are some heavy DSP computations required), and nothing about recording (that''s where all the heavy and continuous DSP stuff will be). Anybody have suggestions of good books/articles/ etc for Direct Sound? (3D sound is not important for my application). Thanks! Brian Reinhold
Brian Reinhold
Advertisement
These''s a book coming out by Mason McKusky called "Audio Programming with DirectX" (Not sure about the name). Maybe you should check that out, I think it''s supposed to be out this month some time

:::: [ Triple Buffer V2.0 ] ::::
[size=2]aliak.net
Where did you hear about this book? I need some more info. I could not find anything on the web under Mason McKusky or the book title. Is there any other key you can provide so I can hunt this down? Publisher, perhaps?

Thanks!

Brian Reinhold
Brian Reinhold
Check Masons web site, Spin Studios.

-dizzy
Game Institute Intern

[edited by - yzzid on May 1, 2003 8:42:08 PM]
-dizzyGame Institute InternPlease rate me. :)
Thanks for the web site link. However, it is spelled wrong. At first all I got was that the page did not exist then I noted that the word "studios" was spelled wrong in the address. You may want to fix that.

Brian Reinhold
Brian Reinhold

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement