Can one use a pirate 3D software ?

Started by
16 comments, last by ATILLA 23 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for your answer. So if I mean right, i don''t have any
chance to publish a game made like this.Hmm...really bad news.Is it possible, that publishers give me a LEGAL piece of a program in advance?
Advertisement
quote:Original post by jonny

Could you please explain what is WTF ? I never heard it before.

For all you newbies out there, WTF is "What the"...umm...fudge...well, you know what i mean Please don''t ice my account for this oh godly gamedev people. I''m just helping out newbies, you can''t ban me for that!!!
In Holland we just say What the f**k!
quote:Original post by ATILLA
So if I mean right, i don''t have any
chance to publish a game made like this.Hmm...really bad news.

No, the REALLY bad news is that apparently it still hasn''t sunk in with people that WHATEVER you do, using pirated software is ALWAYS illegal.

I get so tired of arguing this point.

Even if you use the disk as a coaster for your hot tea while programming, it''s still an illegal copy of software, I.E. one you are not entitled to own.

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
If you''re gonna be published, try and get a small advance from your publisher, and buy the legitimate versions of your tools. That way you help the tool makers, avoid legal issues, and ease your conscience (assuming you have one).
but what about academic versions? perhaps, would it be possible to negotiate with the software product manufacuturer that yes, i bought the software, at an academic price, but i''d like to use my creations using your software and sell them.

can you do that?

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
a2k !!

I also looking for answer on the same question.I use MAX R3 at my university, and those school versions also cannot be used for the purpose of publishing.I''ve writed to you in Gamedev How To forum,that try to use trueSpace instead, it is comletely free...
AND !!! Please, send me an email if you know ANYTHING about the original question. I also hope, that publishers will give me a legal MAX to use. Thanks in advance :]
address is vikcy@gmx.net

Eljen Magyarorszag !!!
" de sagittis ungarorum libera nos Domine"West-European pray in 900AD
You are all just truly moral citizens. Use whatever you want, then say you did it with a freeware program. "yes, I DID so this in blender" If you have a publisher that is willing to publish your game, then the $4000 or so in software is no big deal, and will probably provide you with funds for licenses. In case you were wondering, and I think this is what you were getting at, almost EVERY published piece of software was created using tools with legit licenses.

-BacksideSnap-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement