ANYONE here do programing for consoles?

Started by
46 comments, last by Enlighter 20 years, 11 months ago
quote:Original post by Enlighter
As for why a console game? Because there are certain games that are meant to be played on consoles, and have the right personality for them. There are many games that are produced for consoles and consoles only, and many that should never have been proted to the PC. [/qoute]
I though about that to for what I''m working on, mainly cuz it promotes a joypad with buttons and not a keyboard with keys. that''s my reason, what makes your game more console than pc? Is it the button''s too?
www.autodefrost.com/~travisSignature Virus cleaned by McAfee
Advertisement
0h I also like the fact you can get away with 320x200 res on a console too, since it looks nice on a TV.
quote:Original post by quack
0h I also like the fact you can get away with 320x200 res on a console too, since it looks nice on a TV.

320x200 looks like crap on a TV. 640x480, on the other hand, is about the limit of what most consumer TVs can display at.

MSN
quote:Original post by msn12b
320x200 looks like crap on a TV. 640x480, on the other hand, is about the limit of what most consumer TVs can display at.

You can get around worrying about resolutions by doing multi-resolution global scaling (I think that''s what it''s called). I got it working with a sprite wrapper I did a while back with DX8 in VB... Still haven''t done it in C++ though.

- Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"Do or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
quote:As for why a console game? Because there are certain games that are meant to be played on consoles, and have the right personality for them.

Speaking of which, if you''re not already aware of them, you should check into joystick adapters that let you use console joysticks on your PC. We have ''em at work and they help a lot in being able to test stuff in the game without having to export it out to the console. Just do a google search for PS2 joystick adapter, or something like that and you should be able to find ''em

-John
- John
quote:Original post by Teknofreek

Speaking of which, if you're not already aware of them, you should check into joystick adapters that let you use console joysticks on your PC. We have 'em at work and they help a lot in being able to test stuff in the game without having to export it out to the console. Just do a google search for PS2 joystick adapter, or something like that and you should be able to find 'em
-John

hot tip!! I just searched $15 is a pretty low cost too.

[edited by - quack on May 6, 2003 11:50:00 PM]
Yes I guess that is something to take into consideration. I am still going to try and get it out on consoles though.
www.jiblife.info
www.jiblife.info

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement