Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cproom

question about D3DPTEXTURECAPS_NONPOW2CONDITIONAL again

My video card supports D3DPTEXTURECAPS_NONPOW2CONDITIONAL.And my codes match the following request. 1.The texture addressing mode for the texture stage is set to D3DTADDRESS_CLAMP. 2.Texture wrapping for the texture stage is disabled (D3DRS_WRAPn set to 0). PD3DDEVICE->SetRenderState( D3DRS_WRAP0, 0 ); PD3DDEVICE->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSU, D3DTADDRESS_CLAMP ); PD3DDEVICE->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSV, D3DTADDRESS_CLAMP ); PD3DDEVICE->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSW, D3DTADDRESS_CLAMP ); 3.Mipmapping is not in use (use magnification filter only). 4.Texture formats must not be DXT1-5 if (FAILED(PD3DDEVICE->CreateTexture(m_pTextureInfo[nFrame].nWidth, m_pTextureInfo[nFrame].nHeight, 1, 0, D3DFMT_A4R4G4B4, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, &m_pTextureInfo[nFrame].pTexture))) return NULL; On video card build in intel 845GL chip set,every thing is all right.But on Geforce4 MX440 card, the game window is all white, like the texture is set to NULL.And got the following debug output: Direct3D8: (ERROR) :The resource manager failed to promote or update a dirty texture. The texture will be disabled. What''s more should i pay attention to.