Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zip7000

newbie problem

hi, I have a problem of compilation. here is the error message: g:\programmation\bouquin\justtriangle\form.h(17) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''RestoreDeviceObjects'' I learn directx 9. I created an application using directx9 wizard and now I would like to create a class called CForm. This class has several functions. for instance : HRESULT RestoreDeviceObjects (); but HRESULT seems to be a problem. What should I include as header in CForm? thank you for your help!

"g:\programmation\bouquin\justtriangle\form.h(17) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before
identifier ''RestoreDeviceObjects''"

It means the line befor Restore device objects is missing the ";"

And you have a space between "RestoreDeviceObjects" and "()" so the compiler thinks RestoreDeviceObjects is a variable instead of a function call.

quote:
And you have a space between "RestoreDeviceObjects" and "()" so the compiler thinks RestoreDeviceObjects is a variable instead of a function call.

C++ doesn''t care about spacing, so this is quite legal.

It does look like somehow HRESULT is undefined. It''s a pretty integral COM typedef, so it should be defined by pretty much any header that uses COM. If you''re unsure, it''s in at least.