Welding Two halves of character mesh in 3DS Max

Started by
4 comments, last by gommo 20 years, 11 months ago
I have created half of a character and mirrored it. i want to weld the two together but I seem to have no luck using the editable mesh weld function with the vertices?? I have read somewhere about useing edit poly? Whats the easiest way to do this., I even tried using a boolean to union the two together but there is still a visible line down the middle when mesh smoothing the whole character. Thanks
------------------------------------------------------
50% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
Advertisement
Align the two halves so they are in their final positions, combine the two into a single edit mesh or edit poly, select all verticies, and weld.
Adjust the weld threshold if you need to, it defines the distance verticies can be from one another and still be welded.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Another option is also to have only one half as an object and then apply the symetry modifier to it. There you can select where the mirorring appears and wether to weld the vertices.

With this you can also make adjustments to one half of the model while the other half will automatically match the other.
School TournamentThis game is going to kisk some teacher ass!More on: www.3dlevel.com
LockePick Thats the best!!!

I''m a programmer so alot of this stuff is new to me. But I finally think I am fairly confident, modelling a character, UVW mapping it, exporting the map to a texture, and using Meshsmooth to smooth the character out.

Now I just have to learn to make decent textures.
------------------------------------------------------
50% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
Would "attach" work? That''s what I''ve been doing but hey ... I''m just a programmer who has no bones about saying 3DS Max is not the most intuitive package around ...
welding two halves together is fairly easy... you have to mirror a COPY of the original
Then select one of the halves, then click attach and click on the other half
then you select all the vertices in the middle that need to be attached, then click on weld selected. if it doesnt work, try increasing the threshold
Cheers

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
That is so very true...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955) That is so very true...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement