Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happyman2003

Text Rpg Storyline ideas!

Hello I am starting to create a text rpg, and would like any suggestions on side-quests, storylines, etc. Must be fantasy/medieval as my game will most likely revolve around these two genres. May have a side of science-fiction. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jason

Seems to me like your stuck on the design phase. Check out the Article & Resources page. Under the Game Design section you should find more than you actually need

- Patrik Willbo

The Lord says He can get me out of this mess, but He's pretty sure you're fucked.
- Stephen (Braveheart)

[edited by - Willbo on May 2, 2003 11:20:09 AM]

One ingredient that _MUST_ exist in a RPG is love, what is more magical than love :D

heh... well come up with a love story with the main character and a girl/guy(perhaps a gay story? could be interesting).

bah.... sleep time........ happy writing

In the next 80 years 6 billion people will die...

"In the next 80 years 6 billion people will die... "
Noooooooooooooooo
Doctor, we have to do something.

Making a story for a game shouldn''t be any different to writing a piece of fiction.

Plot:
The main character (the protagonist) is affected by a dramatic event which changes his life for the worse. This can be anyhing from a bad hair day to a kidnapping to an alien invasion!

He embarks on a quest to restore his life to how it was, but each attempt brings up more dire consequences. The forces of evil mount and hope seems slim.

Through wit/strength/courage/whatever, the character defeats the bad guys at the last moment, restoring order to his life.

This is how plot works. Watch almost any good movie and you should see in action :-)
If it''s a tragedy simply don''t have the character tiumphing.
One other thing, the way in which your character triumphs should not ever come as a complete surprise or coincedence, this will leave the player feeling cheated of a well told story.

One other thing - DON''T LOOK TO RECENT GAMES FOR INSPIRATION! Almost all of them have truely diabolicle plotlines.

John (Finally, a question I can answer!)

Stuffing feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

quote:
"In the next 80 years 6 billion people will die... "
Noooooooooooooooo
Doctor, we have to do something.

heh.. well there''s nothing you can do about it, if you can''t stop time that is...

In the next 80 years 6 billion people will die...