Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colinisinhere

myFirstGame = true

I finished my first game... ANOTHER PONG GAME!! (lol) http://www.angelfire.com/alt/colinisinhere/bounceV1.zip i added score, a funky looking background, and an aiming feature thinger... please download and read the source and send what you think (bad or good(lol)) to colinhill@centurytel.net... another thing, it doesnt use time based movment so if you have a nice card it might run a little fast, on my gf2 on a 2gig it runs at 61 - 71 fps... please post what you think and how it ran on your comp controls: up and down to aim ball and space to shoot, and left and right to move the paddle.

Well, the only "bad" thing I noticed was in the source code. It wasn''t commented. It isn''t that commenting code is a necessity, but it can help you when you come back to a project, and it also helps others to understand your code. You may have a different coding style, and they can''t understand. Other than that it was pretty cool. I noticed, though, that if you launch the ball at a small diagonal angle, it will never change direction until it hits a wall or one of the paddles. I think changing velocity and/or direction depending where it hits the paddle would be nice. Anyhow, I hope you take some of my suggestions. I still liked it :¬).

If thispost = 0 Then
GoBack()

Else
Read()
End If

I can''t remember exactly how to achieve this, but it is somewhere on these forums. I read the post a WHILE back. Try doing a forum search :¬).

If thispost = 0 Then
GoBack()

Else
Read()
End If