Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyo

Bomberman: Test Please :¬) (updated)

A little demo of what the full game will be like, all the powerups (explosion power, bomb increase, dynamite, kick bomb, hammer) and basic gameplay is in I just need to add different enemy types, different levels, menu, options etc... I just need to check how it runs at very low and very high specs, e.g. does it move too fast at high specs, is the pathfinding algorithm too slow on lower specs... Arrows to move, HOME button lay bomb, END button explode bomb if you have dynamite powerup, lay block if you have hammer powerup. Objective: Blow up the ducks (they take a few hits or it'd be too easy) Let me know what you think [url]www.tevong.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BombermanDemo.zip [/url] screenies:
tevong@hotmail.com P.S. Play with sound on it's better. Wavs are from the excellent game bomberman online. [edited by - Kyo on May 3, 2003 6:08:17 PM] [edited by - Kyo on May 5, 2003 1:20:46 PM]

well, the first time I ran it, it immediately restarted my computer. You are lucky I didn''t have any other documents open...>: | Anyway, the second time I ran it, windows told me it had performed a serious error and had to be closed.

WinXP Pro
p4 1.6ghz
Geforce2 mx
256mb

Hi Kyo!
It runs very well on my computer, and I haven''t get the "debug assertion failed" message that appeared to me with the previos version (v4) when using the TNT powerup.
My computer:
-AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 192 Mb (RAM), ATI Xpert 98
-Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 3
Good job!

theNestruo

Syntax error in 2410
Ok

Runs fine on my machine. I''d like a reset button... and some pretty animated flames... and you''ve got yourself a REAL nice clone. =o) I love bomberman

WinXP Pro
Athlon 900
1 gig ram
Geforce 2 GTS

-DD

Nice job. Looking great.

Ran fine on my machine - where is the RESTART button!? lol damn duck wouldn''t die by the flame and kept chasing me :''(

Pen3 900
Radeon 9000 Pro
WinXp Pro
512mb ram

~

quote:
Original post by GreatOne
well, the first time I ran it, it immediately restarted my computer. You are lucky I didn't have any other documents open...>: | Anyway, the second time I ran it, windows told me it had performed a serious error and had to be closed.

WinXP Pro
p4 1.6ghz
Geforce2 mx
256mb

Err.... Never expected a bug like that! Did you get any error messages, lock ups or anything? Were the .bmp's in the folder Data and .wav's in Audio? I can't imagine why it'd restart your PC, especially as I'm also running WinXP pro and GeForce 2 mx... Only Duron 800 and 192mb ram though, looks like that'll be the min specs then

Thanks for the comments everyone.

[edited by - Kyo on May 2, 2003 6:59:34 PM]

quote:
Original post by GreatOne
well, the first time I ran it, it immediately restarted my computer. You are lucky I didn''t have any other documents open...>: | Anyway, the second time I ran it, windows told me it had performed a serious error and had to be closed.

WinXP Pro
p4 1.6ghz
Geforce2 mx
256mb

You have some bad driver problem dude. XP/2000 reboots only on serious driver faults. Check sound, video other device drivers. I ran this demo on both XP and 2000 successfully.

Windows XP
P4 2.6 Ghz
512 ram
ati rad. 9700 pro

&

Windows 2000
P3 500 mhz
384 ram
GeForce 2 MX

quote:
Original post by Zern
lol damn duck wouldn''t die by the flame and kept chasing me :''(

It takes 2 blats with a flame to kill a duck. They have that thick protective feather coat ya know

-DD

BTW, I really love this... for some reason ive been drawn to play it. Just wish the same as everyone else. A reset button and about another 25-30 levels =o) hehehe

quote:
Original post by MOVSW
You have some bad driver problem dude. XP/2000 reboots only on serious driver faults. Check sound, video other device drivers. I ran this demo on both XP and 2000 successfully.

Nah, you can reboot XP pretty easily if you do a couple of dodgy things in DX. I wouldn't have thought it was likely as everyone else is running it fine but it could be that the nvidia drivers changed the way they handled certain situations in defferent revisions, so it's crashing out on one and not the other.

Hopefully it is just a bad driver install though.

Runs fine for me
Radeon 9000Pro, 512MB, AMD 2400+

A restart option would be good, and some sort of end screen too.

[edited by - RdF on May 3, 2003 9:38:21 AM]

quote:
Original post by Qa303asmGuru
Had no problems running the game.

I just wish you could restart the level without having to restart the app.

This is the third bomberman clone i''ve played in ONE WEEK!! LOL

It''s a great way of learning game programming, the explosions of bombs presents interesting problems

Sorry about no restart thing I didn''t
think anyone would bother playing it properly let alone try again when they die I''ve added animations for the explosions so after the graphics are done for that I can start doing a proper level structure.

Ran fine for me, I'm not sure about fps. I have an Athlon 1100, 256DDR RAM and a GeForce2 64mb GTS. It doesn't retain any of the charm from Mega Bomberman, which I used to play a lot. You can't walk half way between a block for example. But it's still nice. It will be far better with animations for the explosions and little things like other people have said so far.

[edited by - higherspeed on May 3, 2003 2:09:44 PM]

quote:
Original post by DirectXXX
the game gave be above 80fps on Gf4 MX. i didnt like the 3d model you used for character. A fat bigger and clear model will be better.

Are you sure you''re not confusing my game with the other 3D bomberman posted on these forums which uses a lara croft model? Cause this one''s in 2D and doesn''t give you an fps

quote:
Original post by Kyo
Are you sure you''re not confusing my game with the other 3D bomberman posted on these forums which uses a lara croft model? Cause this one''s in 2D and doesn''t give you an fps

quote:
Original quote by me:
This is the third bomberman clone i''ve played in ONE WEEK!! LOL

ROFL!!!!!!! :-))

-MG a.k.a. Qa303asmGuru (until I get my account fixed).

| My Unfinished Page | | I need answers! | | Genaside presents: Hazard Ball | | Maddox |

UPDATE 03/05/03: Bomb animation done as requested! Also restarts when you die. And slowed down player speed a tiny bit.

You were right explosion animations make it look better

Oh and added a second player in case those ducks are just too much WASD to move, SPACE to drop bomb, T secondary key.

edit: same URL, www.tevong.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BombermanDemo.zip

[edited by - Kyo on May 3, 2003 5:53:44 PM]

[edited by - Kyo on May 3, 2003 6:35:08 PM]

LOL

i see there is some confusion here. Kyo's bomberman is 2d, mine is 3d so u posted in the wrong thread DirectXXX.

btw Kyo, how about restoring the display mode?
i like the game design though?

btw in my game i changed the model, now i use some funny MD2s from polycount and added cool AI.

here are some suggestions on implementing AI for bomber bots:

make a dangermap the same size with the game map and in each cell put a value that is how dangerous is the cell (255 when there is a bomb, 255 when there is a flame, 128 if its right near the bomb, etc)

[edited by - Ilici on May 4, 2003 9:32:45 AM]

I like it! It is very hard to play, but that is prolly just because I''m not good at that game... I really like the artwork though, good job!

Dwiel

i'm running win98. i quit with Alt-f4 is that a prob?
nor does it restore when i quit with esc

u do ChangeDisplaySettings(NULL, NULL) right?

[edited by - Ilici on May 4, 2003 3:01:07 PM]

[edited by - Ilici on May 4, 2003 3:15:52 PM]

quote:
Original post by Ilici
i''m running win98. i quit with Alt-f4 is that a prob?

[edited by - Ilici on May 4, 2003 3:01:07 PM]

restores fine when i do alt-f4, does it do it when you hit escape?

Runs a little slow on my computer:
500mhz K6-III
160Mb ram
Voodoo Banshee
But then again, everything since Half-Life runs slow on my computer

I pushed escape and it just exited without restoring my resolution, which I think was mentioned.
Nice work though, I like it.

[EDIT]: Oh yeah, I have win98

[edited by - Rixter on May 4, 2003 4:40:20 PM]

Well, I downloaded it on another computer, and it ran perfectly. In fact, I spent 2 hours playing it (strangely addicting). Good job.

WinXP Home
AthlonXP 2000
Geforce4 ti4600