Bomberman: Test Please :¬) (updated)

Started by
35 comments, last by Kyo 20 years, 11 months ago
A little demo of what the full game will be like, all the powerups (explosion power, bomb increase, dynamite, kick bomb, hammer) and basic gameplay is in I just need to add different enemy types, different levels, menu, options etc... I just need to check how it runs at very low and very high specs, e.g. does it move too fast at high specs, is the pathfinding algorithm too slow on lower specs... Arrows to move, HOME button lay bomb, END button explode bomb if you have dynamite powerup, lay block if you have hammer powerup. Objective: Blow up the ducks (they take a few hits or it'd be too easy) Let me know what you think www.tevong.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BombermanDemo.zip screenies: tevong@hotmail.com P.S. Play with sound on it's better. Wavs are from the excellent game bomberman online. [edited by - Kyo on May 3, 2003 6:08:17 PM] [edited by - Kyo on May 5, 2003 1:20:46 PM]
Advertisement
Clicky.

Now to download and test it out....
well, the first time I ran it, it immediately restarted my computer. You are lucky I didn''t have any other documents open...>: | Anyway, the second time I ran it, windows told me it had performed a serious error and had to be closed.

WinXP Pro
p4 1.6ghz
Geforce2 mx
256mb
-------------------Realm Games Company
Hi Kyo!
It runs very well on my computer, and I haven''t get the "debug assertion failed" message that appeared to me with the previos version (v4) when using the TNT powerup.
My computer:
-AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 192 Mb (RAM), ATI Xpert 98
-Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 3
Good job!

theNestruo

Syntax error in 2410
Ok
theNestruoSyntax error in 2410Ok
Runs fine on my machine. I''d like a reset button... and some pretty animated flames... and you''ve got yourself a REAL nice clone. =o) I love bomberman

WinXP Pro
Athlon 900
1 gig ram
Geforce 2 GTS

-DD

Nice job. Looking great.
Ran fine on my machine - where is the RESTART button!? lol damn duck wouldn''t die by the flame and kept chasing me :''(

Pen3 900
Radeon 9000 Pro
WinXp Pro
512mb ram

~
quote:Original post by GreatOne
well, the first time I ran it, it immediately restarted my computer. You are lucky I didn't have any other documents open...>: | Anyway, the second time I ran it, windows told me it had performed a serious error and had to be closed.

WinXP Pro
p4 1.6ghz
Geforce2 mx
256mb

Err.... Never expected a bug like that! Did you get any error messages, lock ups or anything? Were the .bmp's in the folder Data and .wav's in Audio? I can't imagine why it'd restart your PC, especially as I'm also running WinXP pro and GeForce 2 mx... Only Duron 800 and 192mb ram though, looks like that'll be the min specs then

Thanks for the comments everyone.

[edited by - Kyo on May 2, 2003 6:59:34 PM]
quote:Original post by GreatOne
well, the first time I ran it, it immediately restarted my computer. You are lucky I didn''t have any other documents open...>: | Anyway, the second time I ran it, windows told me it had performed a serious error and had to be closed.

WinXP Pro
p4 1.6ghz
Geforce2 mx
256mb

You have some bad driver problem dude. XP/2000 reboots only on serious driver faults. Check sound, video other device drivers. I ran this demo on both XP and 2000 successfully.

Windows XP
P4 2.6 Ghz
512 ram
ati rad. 9700 pro

&

Windows 2000
P3 500 mhz
384 ram
GeForce 2 MX
quote:Original post by Zern
lol damn duck wouldn''t die by the flame and kept chasing me :''(

It takes 2 blats with a flame to kill a duck. They have that thick protective feather coat ya know

-DD

BTW, I really love this... for some reason ive been drawn to play it. Just wish the same as everyone else. A reset button and about another 25-30 levels =o) hehehe
quote:Original post by MOVSW
You have some bad driver problem dude. XP/2000 reboots only on serious driver faults. Check sound, video other device drivers. I ran this demo on both XP and 2000 successfully.

Nah, you can reboot XP pretty easily if you do a couple of dodgy things in DX. I wouldn't have thought it was likely as everyone else is running it fine but it could be that the nvidia drivers changed the way they handled certain situations in defferent revisions, so it's crashing out on one and not the other.

Hopefully it is just a bad driver install though.

Runs fine for me
Radeon 9000Pro, 512MB, AMD 2400+

A restart option would be good, and some sort of end screen too.

[edited by - RdF on May 3, 2003 9:38:21 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement