Any tips for a directx neewbie ??

Started by
3 comments, last by Capiflash 20 years, 11 months ago
Hello , I want to start to learn directx , I know c++ and a bit of win32 api . Does anybody know any good site to start coding directx ?? I would like to use DX9 .Any tip ??
Advertisement
DxSdk...
DX9 is kind of new, so you won''t fint to much resources on the web...
just MSDN and the SDK
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
One site is www.32bits.co.uk

I started their tutorial, until I found the SDK ones were far simpler.

I would highly recommend reading through the SDK, especially the concept parts, where different ways of sending data to be rendered is handled.

Unfortunately I was unable to find anything like nehe but for DirectX 8, 9 or otherwise. I think one of the major reasons is that the SDK is sufficient to learn the basics.
The forum FAQ (linked at the top of each message thread) has a listing of tutorial sites.

In particular I recommend www.drunkenhyena.com (tho I''m biased) and www.andypike.com (very slick).

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
try also this
http://www.two-kings.de/tutorials/d3d.html

also i would recommend reading: "Real-time rendering" (look it up on Amazon.com) 2nd edition
It has got API independent principles, which are very useful no matter what API you use DX or OpenGL. Actualy, I would recommend reading it first, before getting into DX or in parallel if you cant wait to get your hands dirty with examples

g''luck
Alex
Alex BabkinAlias|WavefrontResearch Department

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement